This “Type" includes data analysts, web-developers, tech support, accountants and non-partner lawyers.
They are analysing vast amounts of data as well as supporting significant parts of a company.
They are also highly desk-bound and will be them most affected by distraction or overstimulation.
A lot of these people will be new recruits to the industry as they will be hired to help make the respective industry more technologically advanced.
Therefore they might feel like outsiders from the start.
|COGNITIVE TASKS||COGNITIVE SUBSTRATES|
|SIGNIFICANT COGNITIVE AFFORDANCES|
EXPECTATIONS OF SPACE
- They will not only be mainly desk-bound out of necessity due to high levels of screen time, but also out of preference. Given the high cognitive demand of their work, they will prefer spending long periods of time working alone.
- Environments that are quiet, have controllable light, and high ergonomic furnishings will be of high priority.
- They will have high cognitive load, there should be opportunities to encourage interactions with break out areas such as the third spaces will be important for elevating their quality of wellbeing and experience of the office.
- As the will work very long hours, having showers, well catered food and coffee facilities will be important.
- As they are using multiple electronic devices and spend long periods sitting down, it is important to be aware the health implications. Therefore facilitating opportunities for active transport will be important. For instance bike racks, lockers, and showers.