This “Type" includes the younger generations who will be in charge of applying the new technologies into work flows, strategies, and products.
This is not a literal engineer but one that engineers ideas, concepts, etc. They will be in charge of collaborating and bridging between generations and eras.
Bringing the company up to the 4th Industrial Revolution whilst still needing to understand older types of work and strategies.
They will spend most of their time in meetings with then contrasted time working alone to put the different puzzle pieces together.
|COGNITIVE TASKS||COGNITIVE SUBSTRATES|
|SIGNIFICANT COGNITIVE AFFORDANCES|
EXPECTATIONS OF SPACE
- They will be the most mobile of all the types. From casual meetings in the lobby, lunching in the retail spaces, to holding meetings in the third spaces.
- Whilst they will be low desk-bound, it is still important they are supported in those areas.
- They will have high cognitive load, therefore times where they can find respite will be of high priority, this means third spaces should offer places for solo work/privacy as well as restorative features.
- As the will work very long hours, having showers, well catered food and coffee facilities will be important.
- This type will also appreciate amenities for wellbeing incentives such as yoga, meditation, etc. Facilitating active transport will also be of interest to them.